Google

Monday, November 3, 2008

It’s sooo unbelievably awesome…

Hey Kiss My Fishy Readers!

The reason for absence of Kiss My Fishy posts are again because of the computer-hogger, like I said in the last post. Today I’ve just so happened to get to MY computer before Venetia ^_^…

Also, I’ve actually been busy :-O! Therefore, I have A LOT to write about!

First of all, I went to Marseille last week for three days to stay with friends there. Sadly it was bitterly cold the full day that we had there, so I can’t say that I saw an immense amount of Marseille.

The drive in was slow though… Well, we didn’t have the option, we just happened to arrive at our destination (after being on the road for six hours) at seven o’clock at night. Which wouldn’t appear to be rush hour… Well trust me it wasn’t rush hour! Nobody was interested in rushing whatsoever, no one had the choice… Traffic! And tonnes of it!

I… It… just… not like my little town :-O! I’ve never seen such an endless queue! We were grateful though because it gave us the chance to have a good amount of time sitting still and taking in the scenery. The sun had finally rested and darkness had set in, so the hundreds of little lights were all aglow, sparkly ^_^!

It was great to see Wilf and Gui-Gui again, their new place is lovely :-). The last time I wrote about it was in “THE END OF THE WORLD”.

On the second day, we decided to brave the cold. My dad, my sister and I, once bundled up in warm winter-alls, took a walk through the streets of Marseille in search of a “boulangerie” (a bakery of course, why else would we go out into the cold?!) :-P.

It felt a lot like being in Sicily again, the bustling streets, the vegetable stalls and of course… The bakery! In all of it’s glory, stepping into the warmth with the sweet smell filling your senses. After choosing what we wanted, getting a cutely ribbon wrapped box with the entire sugar-y goodness’ cosy inside, we were ready to face the walk back. It was only about five minutes, five minutes that killed me! That was the steepest hill I’ve ever walked in all of my life. It was just necessary to eat the baked goods later to put the calories I’d burned back on ;-).

When I say it was cold, I don’t mean that it was below freezing temperature, I only mean that it was colder that I’m used to... Much colder than I’m used to in fact. TEN degrees!! Pffft, the thought of it! :-P

We left at lunch time the next morning and when we got back home, Gizmo and Gadget were unbelievably relieved! They had come with us, since we couldn’t find anyone to look after them whilst we were away, and they’ll do so again when we go to Paris for the wedding… I shall come to that later! Gadget was even hugging the walls :-P, Gizmo just flopped into his bed…

I met Saoirse! I’ve known Saoirse since the beginning of summer but I’ve never actually met her before. She’s been living in France since she was eight and is now almost sixteen, so speaks French fluently (as do her siblings Dearbhla and Briain and their parents Darren and Niamh).

It was a little bizarre but not awkward whatsoever meeting her, since we already knew each other… If you know what I mean… We went into Auchan together with my sister and this little guy, who actually looked French (He had the little moustache, goatee AND beret!!) walked past us and said “Bonjour Mademoiselles!”, instinctively we all replied with a polite “Bonjour!” and continued on… This story doesn’t actually relate to nor have any relevance with anything but it was just extremely French, so had the need to write about it!

We had an absolutely great time, thanks for coming guys ^_^.

Oh! What (I’m sure… well no, actually, I doubt it, but anyway…) you’ve all been waiting for! The Halloween Night at the ice-rink, last Saturday was the absolute BEST…

After hours of preparing then finally being ready, as we drove up to the entrance, I began to get butterflies… There were so many teenagers hanging around outside… and of course, none of them whatsoever in costume, I was about to take off my wings, when suddenly that little voice - that I hear constantly in my head - reminded me of when I’m thirty I HAVE to have something crazy to talk about!... Even if it’s not crazy whatsoever, dressing up on the Halloween night…

And so I got out of the car and straightened my wings… Venetia, being no help whatsoever, with her not wearing her damn bunny ears and instead carrying them in a bag… No infact! Venetia made ME carry them in the bag!!!

Anyhow, my outfit was a huge hit, even if most people thought I was a butterfly… or a bat… One woman asked me what I was, I replied “Une fee sombre” (a dark fairy), “Ahh, pourquoi “sombre”?” (ahh, why dark?)… Of course my quickly thought out response was the best I could do with and once again that “Pourquoi ne pas?” came in handy saying “It’s Halloween, why not?” :-P.

I didn’t mind being in my fairy outfit, actually I really enjoyed it, once I was inside the rink… The first few people I saw were under nine year olds in witches and devils costumes, so indeed I did feel like slapping myself across the face with my wings since there was absolutely no one my age dressed up…

Then! The coolest people EVER entered through the door! Jedi’s with lightsabers and demons with blood stained shirts and… and… other scary things! Wooo! The night was brilliant, even if my wings did keep flapping about whilst I was ice-skating.

Sadly though I didn’t get any photo’s taken which is incredibly weird for me :-P. Guess it was almost Halloween :-P, creepy things happen!

I did however get many, many pictures taken of me on the real Halloween night, I didn’t go anywhere, (not that there was anywhere to go for me :-P) expecting the smaller children from around the neighbourhood to be “ding-donging” on all of the doors… I got all dressed up as a fairy, the only difference from the ice-rink Halloween night being my make-up and that I curled my hair and my purple hair streak on the Saturday, but rather on Halloween, just got my mom to do my hair BIG for me ^_^.

(There's THE socks :-P!)(Pictures courtesy of my mom's awesome photography skills. Thank you ^_^!)

And so I waited… And I waited… And I waited some more… Until finally I realised that nobody would be coming, and gave in… Darn pumpkin heads, mini-devils and other ghostly, ghoulish things!!

So we had no one trick or treating at our house but my mom and I did see them coming back from shopping, so it was okay… Even if my outfit was WASTED!

I went ice-skating on Saturday and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Finally after almost one whole year of going ice-skating I’ve learnt how to do a… DUN DUN DUNNNN… 180 degree turn!!! But not only the turn…oh no, an awesome start off to it! It’s sooo unbelievably awesome… Even if sometimes I do happen to forget to lift my foot that little bit more and instead of continuing magically backwards instead of forwards… I begin to uncontrollably spin in circles or just immediately come to a stop… Luckily, most of the time standing up, but sometimes sitting on my backside on the freezing cold ice… Oh what fun!

Yesterday however… We arrived at the ice-rink in the pouring rain (of course we were in the car, but that's besides the point)… only to find out that the hours I spent on waiting for my hair to curl had been WASTED!! There were signs all on the windows of the entrances clearly starting that the ice-rink was in fact closed today... And all because of "technical issues"... Damn it... I really wanted to get my 180 degree turn just perrrfect >.<... Aww well.

Reluctantly we went home and I spent the rest of my day watching the Disney Channel in English and then doing an hour and a half of the Pimsleur French language course... I know! I'm such an exciting person :-P.

You see, I've been doing Pimsleur since Thursday. In total there's 90 lessons, which is a whopping 45 hours... I've done 23 lessons, so far... Hoping to get at least 7 more done today and 40 more this week after that, before I go to the wedding in Paris. It's strangely addictive... Even after doing hour after hour of it, there's a need for more. It's just easy listening and now when I while away half an hour doing something that is not constructive, I'm annoyed that it wasn't a lesson of the French... Addicted much? :-P

So yes, next Monday we shall be attending a Scottish/ French wedding in Paris. I'm unbelievably excited! It will be my first ever wedding and since it's Scottish I'm going to be wearing a gorgeous red tartan rockabilly style dress. Eeeek! I can't wait ^_^. I will write more about it next week once I'm back from Paris.

A few days ago I was reading through my blog, it's incredible to see how much can happen during one year... This time last year the ice-rink wasn't even anything in my life... I didn't even know where the place was! Nor had I any friends whatsoever here... Talk about sad :-P. Now the ice-rink is a major social place for me, that is necassary to go to at least once a week or else I don't go out at all. I know all of the "usual"s there and I DID know all of the staff until they moved on and new people took their places >.<.

This is an extract of a post that I put up last Halloween (October 31st 2007) titled "Hmm...": FRANCE! Well as you all know I have absolutely no friends what so ever in France… STILL! Depressing, eh?

There it is, the sad proof :-P... I love living in France now ^_^.

Saturday the 10th of November 2007 was the very first time that I ever set foot in the ice-rink... I found this out in the blog "Ice-skating!"... WOuld you ever have guessed :-P.

And still I cannot skate backwards more than three steps... well rather glides... Because this is when I'm forced to look over my shoulder incase of the "crashing-into-people-who-can't-see-that-the-crazy-Irish-girl-who's-only-just-learning-how-to-skate-after-a-whole-year-of-being-at-the-ice-rink-isn't-watching-where-she's-going" accidents. These can be one of the most fatal types of accidents... Honestly :-P! Once I look over my shoulder I get overwhelmed with the fact that I'm skating backwards and it simply is not right, so I try to lean forwards resulting in me getting a bit wobbly... And completely stopping going anywhere... And so the ordeal begins again!

When I let Gizmo outside this morning, I was extremely surprised at the weather... The sky is a flawless blue, the sun is shining brightly and the birds are all pleased to feel the warm and so show it in their songs... Perfect!

And I should really be out there soaking in the atmosphere... Whilst doing PIMSLEUR.... Mwahahahahaha!!! Ehem... Yes, so I shall leave you all now. Hoping to hear from you soon!

- Bianca

No comments:

 
Google