Google

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I don't believe in the moon...

Hey everyone!

I reckon this post’s just going to be random, so sorry if you get lost along the way ;-P! Outside this morning it was absolutely gorgeous, sparkling frost was covering absolutely everything, yet their wasn’t a cloud in the flawless blue sky! Even the moon was still awake :-P.

In the last house, I was making tea or something in the kitchen and it was about nine or ten at night. We’d just come back from fishing and usually the moon would’ve broken through the horizon already. I thought it was just cloudy and we couldn’t see it, even though you could see every single little star twinkling… well anyway so I looked out the front window and over the hill was like a golden, orange ball. Well literally like the sun coming up but just without the rays and not so blinding. It was absolutely stunning, I called everyone outside and we watched it come up for half an hour or so.

It was moving so fast, well it looked pretty slow, but if you think about it, it would have been going fast ;-P. We did take pictures but they just didn’t do it any justice. None of us wanted to go get the camera because we knew that if we went when we came back it’d be already high in the sky by then. Anyway it was moving so fast that if you just stared at it, it looked like it was on a string that someone was playing with a cat with. It just kept bouncing… I thought it was my eyes and it really started to bother me but then Venetia blurted out, “Hey is it bouncing?!”. So it must have just been an illusion.

Then again, I myself, don’t believe in the moon ;-P. What?! You don’t believe in the MOON?! Yeah, heehee. I know it’s real but I like to speculate sometimes. For instance, you know those videos where the astronaut is bouncing along the surface of the moon and have you ever watched the dirt? It gets kicked up and then pulled straight back down again! I know, I know but just let me have my rant!

When it was coming over the hill it looked like if you were there you’d be able to grab onto it or bite a chunk out of it! :-O I just figured it out! It’s not meteorites that made the craters! It was people who kept eating chunks as it came came up to begin a new night! Like for instance another thing is that why it appears so big in some countries for instance in Zimbabwe, but in Ireland it was just like… okay well the view of the moon from Zimbabwe is like a GIANT circle of cheese, like Brie. Irelands was simply a Babybel… without the wax skin ;-P!

Flip, the French culture is contagious! Look at me, comparing the moon to different chesses and now I’m almost always saying “oh la la”! ;-P

The only problem with saying “oh la la” is that I get a fit of giggles when I do. You see “oh la la” can be used in a lot of situations. For instance when someone dyes their hair pink or gets their hair cut incorrectly you can say it. Or if something really good happens you can also say it as well… The only time that I actually remember hearing anyone using it here so far… and this is where the giggles comes into it… it was when “insert someone else’s name here, so that I don’t embarrass the person who” fell on the ice last week.

The stupid toe pick (for all of you who are now pulling confused faced, that’s the spiky piece on the front) of the figure skates, got caught in the ice, “NAME” went flying and landing on her stomach, thumb twisted… Anyhow as this happened someone from behind (who obviously watched the whole scene happen), yelled out an extremely pained… dog-like-howling-cat-like-dying “OH LA LA!”… I couldn’t laugh at the time, but later on I relived the moment for “NAME” with the “OH LA LA!” included. Now I can’t get it out of my head every time that I say it. It was extremely funny!

I haven’t ever really fallen hard on the ice… my sister did once in Ireland though, it was the same toe pick situation but Venetia landed on her head! I’ve told them all a million times before that an ice-rink is used for ice-skating not flying! My mom, uncle and I were eating at the time in the restaurant right next to the ice-rink. You could ever watch the people skating, that’s how close we were ;-P.

So the signal went off that someone had fallen and through the mass of people my mom saw the blonde hair on the ground and ran to Venetia. She was rushed to hospital and Rino (my uncle) and I followed in his car. Once I knew that Venetia was fine, I was really annoyed with her because she made me leave my slush-puppy behind! I was only eight or nine so you can’t blame me! The next time we went though I got me another one so all was forgiven!

Another situation with Venetia landing on her head… well there’s loads but on her 16th birthday she went horse-riding on a beach. I’m sure you can all see the image here… The horse just went into full throttle, then stopped suddenly, throwing Venetia forward and into the sand. My dad and I were waiting for them to come back at the trekking place when we got the phone call and quickly rushed to her. By the time we got there the ambulance still hadn’t arrived and Venetia was just lying there in the sand squidging it between her fingers and then wanting to hold my hand… eww! Of course I did though ;-P.

She was put into a stretcher and later released out of hospital. I haven’t really fallen on my head or anything… that I can remember anyway ;-P. When I was three though and we’d just moved to Ireland, Venetia and I were playing hide and go seek… or something like that. I was standing behind the door, notice my lace or something on my shoe bent down to fix it, my right hand in the hinge part of the door, holding me up. Then SLAM! Venetia hadn’t noticed me… and had slammed the door shut… hence the SLAM ;-P. I can’t really remember much from here… but what happened was that top piece (half way through my nail) of my forth finger (the one next to the baby finger), had been decapitated!

My mom quickly came running, now this is where my memory comes back, yelled for a cloth or towel. Grabbed my finger… and the piece that was just hanging there by a piece of skin and literally held it together… I know, eww! Someone phoned the ambulance and when they came they were absolutely amazing. My finger had literally sewn itself back together… they put a splint on it and now my finger’s like all of my other one’s ;P. It’s just has a scar (and I reckon it’s slightly off to the one side) but other than that it’s great ;-P.

Oh another incident that happened to me was when I was six or seven in the primary school playground. My friend Lauren and I were playing chases but on a slight kerb. She was ahead of me and I was “it”. So when I fell, of course she didn’t believe me ;-P. She quickly realised after a few seconds and when I began crying. I guess it was sort of wet so we shouldn’t have really been playing chases, but Ireland was always wet so we were used to it ;-P. Anyway Lauren quickly ran and got the playground monitor, then helped me inside the classroom. After lunch we told the teacher who was just a learning one. Our real teacher was in the classroom but wouldn’t talk to us, we had to go ask Miss Robinson instead. Of course, I’m sure she would’ve talked to us if we’d just said that I’d hurt my ankle… she was the first aid teacher as well… but I was sort of afraid of her so we didn’t :-P.

Miss Robinson, just said oh I’d be fine and to just sit down. That day my mom came and picked me up, and we walked home which was a good mile or so. Once we got there I took of my school sock, showed my mom the giant ping pong ball sized ankle and she felt so terrible for making me walk, not that I complained or anything. So anyway she took me to hospital and apparently I’d fractured my ankle, I had to get a cast (I could choose between pink or blue… of course I chose pink ;-P) and I also got to take three days off school to rest it at home. So the three days later when Miss Robinson saw me in my cast I’m sure she felt bad enough for telling me to just sit down.

Not much else has really happened to me… I took a chunk of meat out of my baby finger when I lifted a knife wrong last year, it was really weird… Once I saw the blood, I began panicking, ran into my mom and she just did the same thing that she had done with… the top of my finger. After a while, I realised it wasn’t even painful and felt really silly for panicking.

Another time, was when I was baking a chocolate cake last year… I touched the oven accidentally, looked at my hand melting for a few seconds and then I realised the pain, ran to the sink and let the cold water take care of it.

Well I think you guys have heard enough about my accidents now… ;-P! Hope to hear from you all soon.

- Bianca

No comments:

 
Google