Google

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I got ATTACKED!!!

Hey all!

See I told you I’d try writing more this week! I reckon this is just going to be pretty random, but random’s always best :-P!

Well in the first French house, Gizmo made quite a few local friends… or at least he had some fun with them anyway… I wouldn’t quite call it friendly. Since we’d moved into that house at the beginning of summer, if you walked through the grass, literally hundreds of baby grasshoppers would jump around your feet.

I loved it… Gizmo was more for chasing them. It was really funny! Usually though he’d actually catch one in his mouth, spit it out, watch it jump for a while and then catch it again… he did this until the grasshopper made it back to the grass and then he’d find another one, it was hilarious when he lost one though, he’d just make his head go around in circles mainly looking up at the sky… :-P.

Gizmo had an incident at that last house though, I almost had a heart attack when I saw him! Remember that large concrete type thing I’d told you about on the blog “
Snakes On A Path... Get it?... Like the movie! Never mind :-P that I’d picked up to bring to my dad? Yeah, well later on I found out how heavy it really was, I just couldn’t seem to lift it anymore and I also found out that it had a hornets’ nest inside it!

Next time I think I’ll check! I found these things out when I let Gizmo out one day, went back inside to make tea, came back to the door to check on him and this is where I almost had a heart attack! He must had peed on the nest or something but the hornets weren’t happy and there were more than a dozen swooping around him so I ran outside, squealed at Gizmo to get inside, he ran with these things chasing him, I got inside first and once he was in, slammed the door shut… well it seemed a lot more action packed at the time!

This explained something that happened to me when I was standing around about there a week or two earlier… I can’t really remember what I was doing, but whilst I was in the middle of doing it I got ATTACKED!!! Well something stung my hand, I looked down and just got to see a blur of yellow and black through my tear filled eyes. I just had to glance and then began running to the door.

Once I was inside and settled down I noticed that I wasn’t wearing my sister’s flip-flops anymore, which were far too big for me. My mom and sister looked outside and yes, there were the shoes, one, a foot from where I got stung the other one was lying upside-down by the door. They must have flown off me whilst I was running, it was really funny!

Oh yeah another one of Gizmo’s “mouthfuls” was a fully grown lizard! I had found it in a plastic bucket sort of thing that I’d used for fishing the night before. I left it outside and the next day when I went to lift it… yes another “almost heart attack”, no really, I thought it was a snake, but then realised it had legs…

The poor thing must have got stuck and it was boiling temperatures that day, so my mom let it out by the grass and of course Gizmo decided to trot by and have a little look. The lizard didn’t really move but once it got it’s bearings it began to skulk away… this is where the chase began. Gizmo started moved toward it and so the lizard ran away faster. Eventually though, Gizmo actually caught it and then wouldn’t drop it! After a loud “Gizmo! Drop it now!” the lizard quickly got some time to escape and was off into the grass.


We saw a lot of animals in that house, another was this little baby rabbit that my dad noticed out the bathroom window. My dad quickly woke us up to come see, but then it hopped away, the next day though he was there again and we got there soon enough. Aww! Now he was cute! Later my sister and I left out some lettuce for it by the burrow that lead into the barn that it was always by, the next day it had been nibbled on, so that was nice to see.

I don’t think that I’ll be going ice-skating tomorrow with my mom. Last week she fell and hurt her thumb, I also think that my feet need to have a little bit more of recovery time. The back of them are absolutely killing me! Even when I just wear normal shoes, and I have a lot of healing blisters ;-P… insert extremely long, drawn out, sarcastic “lovely” here :-P!

So might do something different, I vote for clothes shopping! Woo ;-P! On Saturday when we were getting ready to leave the ice-rink, Venetia handed me her gloves and the mobile. I know I was carrying them but then I must have set them down, because once we got home, Venetia had a moaning attack about how I’d had the mobile last, of course I agreed and yet she still kept moaning… *rolls eyes* sisters!

No, it was okay though, they’d phoned my dad and said that they were holding it for us and we could collect it when the ice-rink was open tomorrow (which was Sunday). So on Sunday off we went, to my surprise it was absolutely jam packed! The queue was from the register all the way to the door (I know you can’t see how long this is but on Saturday usually there’s no queue or at the most three people)! Now if I’d known this I would’ve preferred to go on Sunday… but I’m not too sure if I like loads of people. So this weekend (if my feet are up for it) I’m going on Saturday and Sunday ;-P.

Okay I think that I’m going to leave it at that. I have to go do some other work now… Hope to hear from you all soon!

- Bianca

No comments:

 
Google