Google

Monday, October 8, 2007

French stuff... I guess... you could call it that...

Hey all again,

Well, not much news over here… none about fishing anyway. We’re all settling down very nicely in France, in the new house. We’ve even bought a new car with… a whole lot of frustration from me having to translate and the sales people not understanding… or usually me not understanding what they were trying to get across… eventually though we did it, and it was well worth it.

Tomorrow we’re taking a drive to Carcassone (a medieval city… somewhere in France, will get more details on it tomorrow or on Wednesday), with it. So will write about that afterwards and try get some pictures :-). On Sunday I found out that’s it’s only a five hour train journey to Paris from Toulouse, so that’s good to know… I guess :-P.

Oh! About two weeks ago, my sister (Venetia) and I made French friends… okay they made arrangements to meet up with us the next day in town, but they didn’t pitch up :-O!!! Okay well I think we got lost in translation… Still haven’t seen them around, but on the first day that we met, they took us to a little square, beside the park in town.

Here there were tonnes of kids dancing, they called this type of dance “Tecktonik” (Whew, that is the way to spell it, I used to have it as Techtonique... looks French enough :-P... but was wrong >.<). It’s … quite different to British dancing... Tecktonik is like loads of arm movements and twisty leg movements, some jelly body movements as well, (wow, now you can REALLY imagine what I’m trying to describe :-P).


At the beginning Venetia and I thought of it as strange, but after watching some videos on youtube, I think it doesn’t look… too bad :-P, and want to learn it… so far I can do… one move… and it’s a very simple one (most of the time I can’t even get my hands right with it >.<). Hee hee! The girl who does break dancing even said it was more difficult than that, so I don’t feel that bad about it :-P!


How sad am I?... Actually don't answer that, it's just a rhetorical question :-P. I have absolutely no other news… wow I need to get a lake! :-P Hope to hear from you all soon!

- Bianca

No comments:

 
Google