Google

Friday, September 12, 2008

THE END OF THE WORLD

Bonjour tout le monde!
(Good day everyone!)

Since when did we stop using phrases like "Good day"? Even the French don't use "bonjour" with their friends instead using "Salut" (Hi) or "Coucou" literally "Cockledoodledoo"… it's not insulting you saying that you're a chicken… or that they're a chicken it's just also used as "Hey" .

The difference though is that with every neighbour that you pass on your daily walk… okay, not so daily walk :-P, you do get a "Bonjour" from them… then again… half the time, as long as it's after 16:00 you will get the opposite of what you say if you say it first!... No, I don't mean "Malnuit" (Bad night… I don't actually think this is a French word but anyway…), heehee! I'm funny in two languages :-D. This is usually the way it goes;

EXT. Quiet French suburb
It's about 16:00, the sky is as blue as the Mediterranean ocean, there is a humble golden glow about the scene, leaves on the trees are blowing softly. A girl in the distance is walking two animals, one a dog the other a cat… She seems to be having difficulty not letting the cat climb a tree. It's the perfect day in France (Emphasise on the DAY… not EVENING… this is DAY time… Evening is after six o'clock! :-P).

BIANCA
Bonjour!

NEIGHBOUR
Bonsoir!

(O.S.) BIRDS chirp softly

Bianca looks at her watch, looks back at "neighbour", looks up to the sun for an answer, back to "neighbour" the whole time during Bianca is doing this she has a bewildered look on her face. Although "neighbour" has just gone back to gardening and hasn't noticed any of her expressions/ doings… Of course Bianca's extremely pleased that they haven't and continues her "promenade".

It took me a few minutes to decide whether I wanted to write that in first person form or second, I chose the latter, it sounds more formal! :-P Then I changed it to a screenplay layout; I have an endless amount of skills you know ;-)!

It's true though, when I take Gadget for a walk, it's more like I'm walking him up a tree half the time… he doesn't really stay on ground level. It's extremely hilarious though, one minute he'll be right by my side happily trotting along… the next, his leash is above me and he's hanging on with his little arms wrapped around a large tree trunk. So I usually have to pull him off, making sure I steer clear of trees for the rest of the walk -_-.

Oh yes! Sorry went a little off track on what I was talking about there! So after the first neighbour saying "Bonsoir!", you'll go past the next neighbour, happily say "Bonsoir!" to them… and they'll reply with "BonJOUR!"… I think they just do it to confuse foreigners… Me :-P.

On the Sunday, just passed, we went back to Wilf's house, to help out some more with moving and to just hang out. It was a lot of fun, I even went swimming, let my hair to dry out in the sun without brushing it and found that I have very curly hair… Well not as curly as my mom's but much more wavy than straight! That was exciting!

Well, I always knew that I had curly prone hair since I went to a Shania Twain concert in Ireland when I was about nine years old. You seeee, before we went, my mom, Venetia and I had our hair done in the hairdressers by our house for that night… Oh my word! I asked for curly hair… My hair was worse than… Someone with REALLY, REALLY curly hair :-P. Honestly, the hairdresser took out the curlers and they were all shocked, saying that they'd never seen curlier hair before… My hair usually came down to my shoulders… Yeah, after they'd done that it was afro style… I loved it!

They said "Once the air outside hits it, it should fall a little… When we were leaving, I stepped outside, re-opened the door and yelled through "Has it fallen yet?"… They'd lied, the whole time it stayed the exact same way. Of course I'm not complaining, it was so cute ^_^!

I think it was that day that Venetia got a curl-perm. It was supposed to come out after six months… But took longer than a year, good hairdressers ^_^!

I keep getting sidetracked! On Sunday we saw the evil creature killing another bumblebee! Whilst it was in the act, I took my shoes off and threw them at it… I missed but even with these giant black and white… perhaps slightly smelly :-P, things hurtling towards him, he didn't even let go of the poor bumblebee until he had done his job and had assassinated him :-(.

When we were there we found that there was more than just one but Wilf knew the name of them, at least in French. I've Babelfish-ed and Google-d and still can't find out what the word is in English! I have found various pictures though and even information on them, so if this matches any insect that you know the name of please comment or e-mail me :-)!

In French it is "Les Frelons". "Frelons" are enormous wasps that grow to the average length of three centimetres long.

I just used my French <--> English dictionary on my computer… It says it means hornet but hornets don't kill bumblebees do they :-(? I actually wrote a post about getting attacked by hornets in France last year, it's called "I got ATTACKED!!!"… If you click on that <>

Sorry, will continue with the translation; The sting often involves intravenous (within a vein) punctures… I'm sorry, I'm not such a great translator in French, I just translate the words directly, not so good at thinking of a better way of saying it :-P.

Oh woah! I just found out something that may come in useful to you;
Never kill a hornet who is by his nest, he'll make a distress signal… and you can imagine what happens next ;-). Also perfume or other chemicals can also trigger the attacks as they can think of it as a distress signal from one of their own :-O.

In November I'm going to a wedding in Paris! A Scottish wedding, that is :-P. It'll be the first wedding that I've ever been to. So I'm unbelievably excited, I've even gotten a red tartan dress to go with the theme ^_^. It's the cutest thing ever, a strapless 1950's rockabilly style :-)… Eeeee! Exciting :-P. I'm sure my mom will be getting hundreds of pictures ;-).

Venetia and I were going through my blog a few days ago and we realised that I hadn't written about her accident :-O! Unbelievable… except it is believable because I checked tonnes of times over and over again :-P.

In March Venetia and I went to the ice-rink as usual, it was a somewhat ordinary day until DISASTER struck -_-. Venetia took a tumble and split open her eyebrow! It was extremely scary but the staff there were really nice. The hospitals and doctors are really great in this part of France. A few hours, an inflated head and six stitches later she was home. We didn't go ice-skating for the following two weeks though. Venetia's main worry when she was lying on the ice with her head bleeding was whether or not there'd be a huge scar… Five months later and you can't even notice it!

Speaking of ice-skating! Wooo! About an hour ago (13:30) the ice-rink'll be open in exactly five days! It's like Christmas… except without anything Christmas-sy… There's ice though… lots and lots of ice!! Four months ago I thought… I'll NEVER be able to survive without the ice-rink! Finally my lifeline is back… in five WHOLE days! How will I make it!?!?! :-P

On Tuesday, I think it was… Gadget went to the vet for the first time… As cat owners will know, the first time to the vet is the worst. Gadget had to get a blood test and he squealed like a girl! He even bit the nurse and also cried when the veterinary doctor looked into his ears. He didn't have such a great day, also having to get all of his shots. It was so cute though, after having his blood samples, he crawled up into my mom's arms and when she had to put him back on the table again, he whimpered and tried to hold on.

Of course, by the time we got home he was back to his usual self again :-). Gizmo also had to get his injections, he didn't even cry, instead just burying his face into the shirt of my sister. Aww :-).

Yesterday I walked/ran/danced straight into the wooden piece of an open window in our lounge. It whacked me in the shoulder… Okay, okay! It didn't whack me… SOMEHOW my shoulder and the window collided ;-)… Yes… ehem… somehow :-P… I'm not going to go into too much detail about the "walked/ran/danced" bit!

So anyway, my shoulder collided with the window, which knocked me straight down making my knee whack off the coffee table… Now every time I bend my knee or touch my shoulder, it brings severe pain… Well not severe pain… but it's painful enough! :-P

Today I put egg on my face to make it all nice and soft… I hate doing that! The last time I did it was in Ireland, I think :-P. It's absolutely horrible, something I PERSUADE every single person who has any thoughts about doing it, not to… EVER!... Unless of course you REALLY, REALLY have a need for a silky soft face… OR you have no sense of smell :-). See, you take the white of the egg and rub it all over your face, it smells… I'm not even going to give it a descriptive word… It just smells!

Then you can't move ANY muscles in your face whatsoever, you just have to sit there… expressionless. It's harder than it sounds, my mom started playing music, so I did the move your feet heel, toe, heel, toe sideways, making a number 1 with your fingers and going in waves with arms across the room… Just this made me crack up… Then of course I just HAD to look up egg pranks on Youtube… BAD idea! I laughed… it didn't crack the mask though :-). After a good twenty to thirty minutes later, it was all dry, so I quickly washed it off completely… Et voila (and ta-dah)! My skin is so soft, silky and smooth now!

I'm not sure if it's worth putting yourself through the smell though /:-\.

Oh hey! Apparently it was supposed to be THE END OF THE WORLD on Wednesday the 10th… That would've sucked, like, one more week until the ice-rink re-opened but nooo the world had to go off and end -_-. Heehee, views of the "Large Hadron Collider" (LHC) by a fourteen year old girl :-P.

Okay! I think that I'm off now to go suntan, the sun's almost off the patio and I don't really want to have to lie on the grass :-P. I'm trying to get the last of the summer sun before winter's in, so that I'll be a little bronze nut and everyone else will be milk bottles! :-P It's not usually a good idea to blend in with the ice… people will have a tendency to knock into you… I don't actually know this… But it was funny… In my head :-P. I have way too much fun in my head -_-.

Heehee! Hoping to hear from you guys soon! Leave me a comment about anything! I will reply :-P.

- Bianca

Reminder about my e-mail address for newer readers- kissmyfishy@gmail.com. But I do prefer that comments are left instead! :-)

Also in case you don't quite know how to get to my older posts, scroll down to the very bottom of this page and hit the "Older Posts" button to the right, it's in dark green… perhaps brown /:\. Hope this helps :-). Also if you want to get to the very, very beginning of my blog, you don't have to go colliding protons together (Haha! I'm funny in a nerdy kind of way… nah, I'm just plain funny :-P) instead just keep scrolling and hitting "Older Posts" :-D. Or you can go to the right-hand side at the top of the page down to "archives… let's go fishing" and select a date.

And also: Remember to click through my Adsense; Google Ads :-P… Hint, hint, wink, wink, nudge, nudge! Yeah, that was totally not casually said /:-\.

No comments:

 
Google